- Making Good Decisions About Screen Time with Your Kids. Guest on Hometown Alaska with Kathleen McCoy, Alaska Public Media, April 27, 2020.
- Media Mentorship in Storytime. Virtual presentation for Youth Services Staff at Brooklyn Public Library, October, 2019.
- Thinking Sideways: Computational Thinking and Early Literacy in the Public Library. Presentation with Paula Langsam as part of the panel, Connected Learning in Early Childhood, at Connected Learning Summit. Irvine, CA, October, 2019.
- Programming That Inspires: Using Wonderosity Kits In and Out of the Library. Webinar presentation for DEMCO with Mary Wagoner and Cassie Anderson. October, 2019.
- It’s Never Too Early: Media Literacy in Children’s Programming. American Library Association’s Programming Librarian webinar with Dorothy Stoltz. September, 2019.
- Creating Inclusive CS Programs for Youth, part of Community Champion Learning Series for NCWIT Aspirations in Computing, July, 2019.
- Media Literacy, Computational Thinking, and Connected Family Learning: Positioning New Media Across the Evolving Landscape of Children’s Services. Leadership & ALSC keynote with Kathleen Campana, Ph.D., J. Elizabeth Mills and Marianne Martens, Ph.D. ALA Annual Conference. Washington, D.C., June, 2019.
- #ReadytoCode : Supporting Computational Thinking and Computer Science from Preschool to High School at the Public Library. AkLA State Conference. Alaska, March, 2019
- Makers to Mentors: A Year of Youth Programming. AkLA State Conference. Alaska, March, 2019
- 2018 Young Children, New Media, and Libraries Survey and Digital Media Awards, ALSC Community Forum webinar presentation with Jamie Naidoo, Liz Mills, Mary Kuehner and Alec Chunn. February, 2019
- And the Survey Says…: Preliminary Results From the 2018 Young Children, New Media, and Libraries Survey of Technology Use in Today’s Libraries. News You Can Use session with Katie Campana, Liz Mills and Marianne Martens, ALA Midwinter Conference, Washington, January, 2019
- Making the Connection: Early Literacy and Computational Thinking for Young Children. Symposium on the Future of Libraries session with Paula Langsam, ALA Midwinter Conference, Washington, January, 2019
- Ready to Code to Computational Thinking: a Workshop to Help You Make the Transition. Session with Linda Braun, Paula Langsam and Juan Rubio, ALA Midwinter Conference, Washington, January, 2019
- Thinking Sideways: Computational Thinking and Early Literacy. Webinar with Paula Langsam, Public Library Association, December, 2018
- What Does it Mean to Support Children’s Literacy Today? Suffolk Cooperative Library System Annual Trustee Workshop, New York, November, 2018
- To Tech or Not to Tech: The Debate and the Research Around Technology, Young Children, and the Library, ALA Annual conference, Louisiana, June, 2018
- Problems, Patterns And Preschoolers: Computational Thinking For Young Children. Presentation with Paula Langsam at the Google Teaching Theatre, ALA Annual conference, Louisiana, June, 2018
- Makers2Mentors, Red Hot Library Programming Ignite session at Alaska Library Association annual conference, March, 2018
- Summer Reading Program 2018: Libraries Rock, panel member at Alaska Library Association annual conference, March, 2018
- Training Brains to Spot Fake News: Media Literacy and Media Mentorship, panel member at NAMLE conference, June, 2017
- Media Literacy in Early Childhood: A Critical Conversation, panel member at TEC Center/NAMLE Pre-conference, June, 2017
- Managing Media Mentors– Conference Session with Darrell Robertson, Power Up: A Conference in Leadership for Youth Services Managers and Staff (WI), March, 2017
- Media Mentors and Implications for App Design, Children’s Technology Review’s 16th Annual Dust or Magic (NJ), November 6-8, 2016
- Media Mentorship in Libraries Serving Youth– Conference Session with Dorothy Stoltz, Darrell Robertson and Vicky Hays, Association for Library Service to Children Virtual Institute, September, 2016
- Language Development and Family Engagement in the Digital Age Institute– Panel Presentation, New America and the Joan Ganz Cooney Center (Washington, DC), August, 2016
- Media Mentorship: Family Engagement in the 21st Century– Webinar with Chip Donohue and Tamara Kandror, Association for Library Service to Children and TEC Center/Erikson Institute, 2016
- Designing for Diverse Families Kick-off Event– Panel Discussion with Dr. Kevin Clark, Aaron Morris, and Michael Levine, Joan Ganz Cooney Center and Stanford’s d.School (CA), 2015
- Early Literacy Programming: Thinking Outside the Storytime Box– Conference Program with Lacey Hemming and Stephanie Schott, Alaska Library Association Annual Conference, 2015
- Tech On a Budget– Conference Program with Mary Ann Scheuer, Cen Campbell and Suzanne Flint, Association for Library Service to Children Institute (CA), 2014